I'm cd and I stalk tractors

coal digger

Word up folks. So one of my other hobbies is mountain biking which takes me off the beaten tracks and closer to nature,and of course potential new hunting grounds.
So within my biking buddies I'm now known as the tractor stalker due to me going into bat mode adjusting my head when I hear one and then hunting it down and asking the driver if he has any land he would let me have a flick around on.
So I was out last week and went on a stalking mission and managed to get the driver to stop and engaged in convo. Bingo he said I could have a flick round and it's undetected pasture which I prefer,but only have a 2 month window between Feb and April. Always worth asking for those who want some new land. Cd
Blackadder43

Great idea CD for gaining new permissions, you get fresh air and exercise and also get a face to face with potential landowners
Hopefully you make some finds on your new pasture to show the folks reading :thumbsup:
I am not known for my ID skills, but i make a cracking brew :thumbsup:
Oxgirl

Love a bit of excitement. Stalking down the farmer could be a whole new game :D

Being serious it can be a great idea, although I’m more of a slow stalker type, the mountain biking sounds like it could be hard work :lol:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Easylife

When I saw the title I was expecting the trainspotting equivalent of tractors! :rollinglaughing:
Well done on getting some new land. :thumbsup:
Good things come to those who wait.
alloverover

Easylife wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:46 pm When I saw the title I was expecting the trainspotting equivalent of tractors! :rollinglaughing:
Well done on getting some new land. :thumbsup:
Quite a few years ago now, we had a very slack period at work, I was tasked with going round a lot of our old jobs taking photos to use as advertising . One thing we used to do involved the spinning cowlings you see on the top of buildings, so I had to get some photos of these.
One of our recentish jobs had been at a small transport yard so I went there, didnt bother informing them as I just had to poke my head in the gate to get the shot.........I was instantainiously on the receiving end of an extremely immpresive verbal onslaught, the type of which ive not heard since my army days.

"Oi you coach spotting #### . " Eh, I thought. "Stop taking photos of the minibuses." Eh, I thought .

It took a little explaining as to what I was doing but eventually they beleived me that I wasnt trying to take pictures of the fleet of NHS minibuses that were in the yard.

They explained they have people climbing over the walls at night and allsorts, yep, there are fleets of minibus spotters out there, so your not so bad CD, hunting down tractors, good luck with it mate :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
coal digger

Cheers gang,I have to say the success rate isn't that good,2 years I've been on the tractor stalking register now and only one yes. I've been salivating over that small hamlet for a while though so happy to give it a bash.
alloverover

coal digger wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:06 pm Cheers gang,I have to say the success rate isn't that good,2 years I've been on the tractor stalking register now and only one yes. I've been salivating over that small hamlet for a while though so happy to give it a bash.
Thats because every farmer you talk to recognises your wiggling arse from holding up his tractor as you and your mates cycle down the lane CD :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:
coal digger

alloverover wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:08 pm Thats because every farmer you talk to recognises your wiggling arse from holding up his tractor as you and your mates cycle down the lane CD :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:
:lol: :lol: love it. Well it was part of my reform from mini bus stalking
alloverover

coal digger wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:13 pm :lol: :lol: love it. Well it was part of my reform from mini bus stalking
:D :D :D :thumbsup:
Easylife

coal digger wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:06 pm Cheers gang, I have to say the success rate isn't that good, 2 years I've been on the tractor stalking register now and only one yes. I've been salivating over that small hamlet for a while though so happy to give it a bash.
I now have this vision of you licking the tractors you stop. Too much salivating was your downfall with modern DNA tests! But as you say one farmer was impressed, is that banjos I hear? :rollinglaughing: :thumbsup:
Good things come to those who wait.
coal digger

Easylife wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:45 pm I now have this vision of you licking the tractors you stop. Too much salivating was your downfall with modern DNA tests! But as you say one farmer was impressed, is that banjos I hear? :rollinglaughing: :thumbsup:
[/quote
:lol:
DaveP

coal digger wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:06 pm Cheers gang,I have to say the success rate isn't that good,2 years I've been on the tractor stalking register now and only one yes. I've been salivating over that small hamlet for a while though so happy to give it a bash.
I've spent all day topping the winter horse pastures and thought about this as I was trundling along. If you had stopped me I would have said, "sure thing, go for it BUT, I want you searching in all metal, no disc or notch and digging every iron signal; and I'll be checking". Well it's one way of getting the ground turned over :lol: :lol: