Deus 2, no cigar..... yet.

HolzHammer

mattjb wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:23 am Reading various stuff on the net and looking at YouTube vids there seems to be mixed reviews on the D2 . On one of Sids latest ones he mentions he was happier with it before the last update. No doubt further updates will sort any issues I imagine.
I bought the D1 lite last summer so have no plans to upgrade or buy another machine yet but weighing it up I think I’d be more inclined to go for the legend if I wanted a multi frequency machine , being half the price of the D2 and keep the D1 . Then I’d have 2 machines if my daughter if my daughter fancied a go.
that sounds very sensible....
fred

I'm not ready to sell mine yet. Mind you it hasn't even been turned on, in fact I'm not even convinced that I've managed to put it together properly. :D
DaveP

So,
1. Charles has missed the obvious but nobody knows what that is.
2. Could be a faulty machine
3. Deus 2 users don't know what they are missing ;) :D
Oxgirl

Charles Abbeyville wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:38 am I absolutely understand your sentiments, that pin looks like any machine would pick it up, but the D2 doesn't. I know it's bizarre! Went through every prog, did a frequency scan, that was standard practice after my many years with a minelab. No programme will pick it up with or without any of the tweaks I tried and it makes me smile really to read this because I am imagining dropping it in front of your machine and seeing your reaction which would no doubt be like mine. I am currently a bit concerned I sold off my D1 but I still think all will be well in the end :cry:
I do think I got more signals on my old site, many were tiny bits of lead etc so that was good but this pin :pulling hair out: In the end I might send it to you to see for yourself.
The plot sickens!
Seriously please do. I’d love to work out what the problem is :thumbsup:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Easylife

fred wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:11 pm ...in fact I'm not even convinced that I've managed to put it together properly. :D
No worries, here are the instructions! :D
Untitled.png
Good things come to those who wait.
Charles Abbeyville

Oxgirl wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:00 pm Seriously please do. I’d love to work out what the problem is :thumbsup:
Give me your details, I'll send you it, no problem. I realise folk are going to think 'any' machine will pick this pin up, be great to have your feedback.
Personally I think it needs the HF coil.
Easylife

Charles Abbeyville wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:58 pm Personally I think it needs the HF coil.
Well you've already thrown 45khz at it! :o
stupot

DII - Found enough minuscule fragments of wire that make that Pin look like one of Gullivers!!
Charles Abbeyville

Easylife wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:49 pm Well you've already thrown 45khz at it! :o
Remember, I was able to find it with the D1 and HF coil :roll:
Blackadder43

I'm not a Deus owner or user, but there has to be something wrong with your machine/coil to not be able to pick this up?

Have you tried a factory reset (if thats possible of course on the D2) to eliminate a setting being changed and not noticed?

Did you do your test in house or outside?
In house has lots of interference as you will know which could blind the machine?

I'm not much help i know but it isnt right that the D2 cannot see this item, it should be clear and a screaming signal really
I am not known for my ID skills, but i make a cracking brew :thumbsup:
Easylife

Maybe you just got a Chinese knock off copy of a D2? :lol:
Seriously though it sounds like you need to compare your D2 with another D2 to see if it is underperforming? :thumbsup:
fred

Easylife wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:11 pm Maybe you just got a Chinese knock off copy of a D2? :lol:
Seriously though it sounds like you need to compare your D2 with another D2 to see if it is underperforming? :thumbsup:
Factory reset and start again? :D
Charles Abbeyville

A cunning plan is in progress, all will be revealed soon (I hope). :thumbsup:
Charles Abbeyville

I sent this pin to one of our well-known and trusted detectorists who also got no signal from it. The pin was returned to me and now my Deus 2 picks it up in all programmes, no problem!!! Now how do we explain that one, I don't think we ever will.

NEW TEST: The good/interesting news is that a Nox with a huge 15" head picked it up, an old minelab explorer picked it up (wish that old machine wasn't so heavy) A deus 1 with round HF coil picked it up and of course the Deus 2 did too.

We did this test with the pin (and other bits) actually ON the lawn, no digging holes so a test of limited value I know but still, the Deus 2 did the job and I could not pick one of those machines out to be better or worse under that limited test.

In future I will carry that pin around with me in my finds purse and do a quick test with it whenever I begin detecting.

So; Deus 2 good, Nox good, Minlelab explorer still damn good and can hold its own against this new whizzo machines. :thumbsup:
Easylife

So just what is going on there if sometimes the pin is detectable by the D2 and other times not? What target numbers did the D2 and Nox give? :Thinking: