Bargain Hunt..... 28.01.2022

jcmaloney

All I will say is it is detecting related................... :thumbsup:

Hello,
I would like to thank you for contributing to BBC Bargain Hunt. Your co-operation was much appreciated - we couldn’t have done it without you!
I am happy to be able to tell you that the programme you were involved in is now ready for transmission and it will be shown on BBC1:
FRIDAY 28th January 2022 at 12:15
We hope you enjoy it!
Please note that if you miss the programme, or forget to record it, we must make it clear that we are unable to send you a copy of the programme as this is expensive and surprisingly complicated for us to arrange. Additionally please check with the Radio Times listings as transmission times & dates can often change at the last minute!
If you’re watching in Wales then Bargain Hunt will be broadcast on BBC One Wales may change to 11:45 – 12:30
Don’t forget, you can always catch it on iPlayer for 30 days after its transmission date if you miss it or just want to watch it again!
Once again, thanks for being such great sports and keep on BARGAIN HUNTING!
Should you have any other friends or colleagues who would also like to be on the show then please ask them to apply via our website bbc.co.uk/bargainhunt
One last thing, take a look at our Twitter feed too @BBCBargainHunt, and if you’ve taken any great photos we always love to see your Bargain Hunt memories!
Yours sincerely,
Bargain Hunt Production Team
I`m Marmite me. Opinionated, obstinate and somewhat tenacious.
jcmaloney

JohnDeus

very nice finds 185k WOW
jcmaloney

Causing a bit of a tiff on Twitter.

"They shouldn`t be allowed to sell it"................. erm that was the landowners choice.
"It should be in a Museum".............. erm it is in York.
"Detecting should be banned".......... erm if it was said artefacts would be unknown.

:roll:

Anyway, my farmer was well chuffed with the programme so thats a few more brownie points. :D
Dave The Slave

Just watched it, interesting to see the finds.
Cheers, :thumbsup:
Dave.
shaggybfc

Watched it with green eyes.... what dream finds :thumbsup:
So glad they didn't end up in a private collection never to be seen by the public.
What was your involvement John? Making the introduction, being the technical advisor or teaching Eric to swing a Deus to find bottle caps and paper clips :lol: :lol:
Always carefully proof-read what you've typed to see if you've any words out.
Deus with 11" X35 and 9" HF coils. MI 6 pinpointer.
jcmaloney

shaggybfc wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:15 pm Watched it with green eyes.... what dream finds :thumbsup:
So glad they didn't end up in a private collection never to be seen by the public.
What was your involvement John? Making the introduction, being the technical advisor or teaching Eric to swing a Deus to find bottle caps and paper clips :lol: :lol:
Provided the land for them to film on. :thumbsup:

Had a panicked call about a week before filming from the producer needing some land "anywhere near Lichfield".

In July....... :D

Arable was, as shown, full of crop but the farmer topped that strip of headland which came out OK.

On the day I just looked after the posh electric gate with strict instructions not to share the number with anyone so that was my bit!
Oxgirl

For once that was a decent TV coverage without sensationalism. Thanks for the heads up John :thumbsup:
If you are angry you are living in the past,
If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you’re content you are living in the present, and that’s when life all starts to make sense.

Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
figgis

Decent coverage, though it's yet another of those "get rich detecting" stories which rarely do us any favours.
Steve RC

Not bad coverage compared to some of the dire copy generally seen in the media about detecting finds. However the inevitable focus on the financial aspects came to the fore rather than the ever present problem of plough zone finds of that size and nature. A couple of good runs with a power harrow would have done for them. Still the right comments about process, the PAS and the selling of the items as being the landowners property.

One can see why the Treasure Act Review is intending to capture hoards such as this as Treasure. Now if that were the case on these items i wounder what the TVC valuation would have been ...mmmm

However sadly it has whipped the detractors up into a foaming frenzy as usual with all the predictable nonsense and supposed comments made by their followers. Toys and prams spring to mind in this reignited debate!!