Deep pasture detecting with a Whites TDI

Junk and Disorderly

For the most part the Equinox with the stock coil covers most of my needs on pasture,have also used 5khz as well,but i feel this newer 4khz enhanced freq could well be used more and more on pasture,only tried it a few trips out since the weekend but initial use feedback looks promising.

But saying that still my preferred machines for deep pasture are the Whites TDI Pro (pulse) and both my Nexus MP and SE,those are the bad boys when depth is required.
TDI Pro,T2,Nox,Deus,Nexus MP,Nexus SE,Mirage PI,Crossbow PI,DFX,Fisher TW-5 twin box,Arado120b and others.
Easylife

Junk and Disorderly wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:44 am My preferred machines for deep pasture are the Whites TDI Pro (pulse). and both my Nexus MP and SE, those are the bad boys when depth is required.
I have the TDI SL but primarily use the Nox. Out of interest what kind of depth have you had with the TDI using a 12" coil on pasture for say a Georgian halfpenny? :Thinking:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Junk and Disorderly

Easylife wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:23 am I have the TDI SL but primarily use the Nox. Out of interest what kind of depth have you had with the TDI using a 12" coil on pasture for say a Georgian halfpenny? :Thinking:
I cannot give you a true answer using the stock coil if i am honest,have owned the TDI Pro for over 4 nearly 5 years but only used that specific coil maybe twice in that time,the main coil/s that use with that detector are the Coiltek GPX 14x9 Mono coil,GPX15x12 Mono,18'' Detech Mono and the big fella the 20'' Sierra Grande mono from Jimmy Sierra,the smaller coils that i also use that are smaller than the stock DF coil is the 9x6'' folded mono and 7.5'' DF coil.....its a tough question to quote depths but i feel that with the coil selection just for that one machine cover most of my PI usage and requirements.

Sorry i cannot give a exact answer but i rarely quote depth figures as you can get caught up folks saying they dont belief you or thing you are talking BS,but you do get some depth advantage on say pasture,beach or very high mineral content sites that is when a PI really starts earning its keep.Usually i prefer to use a VLF which gives you the discrimination advantage but saying that the TDI range does have a reasonable good feature ie the low and high tone conductivity facility which is a decent rudimentary form of discrimination if used properly but it does cut depth down a little,its best to run the TDI is straight PI mode then that will give you maximum depth but then you loose out on the discrimination which if i am honest if setup right is better in some ways over the GPX iron rejection which is only effective for the 1st 5-6'' but the TDI detectors i have found that the target conductivity facility works at great depths.

These are of course just my thoughts and opinions on how i use the TDI machine,it does most things that the GPX does with the exception of possibly ultra fine gold timings but as i dont live in Aussie land then i wont loose any sleep over it.The main art as you are aware with any Pulse machine is when to use one that you cannot do with a VLF machine and that is the hardest part i feel.

Sorry if i have not answered your question but i cannot give a definitive answer as such.
TDI Pro,T2,Nox,Deus,Nexus MP,Nexus SE,Mirage PI,Crossbow PI,DFX,Fisher TW-5 twin box,Arado120b and others.
Blackadder43

Its great to get detailed information on other coils and settings on these different machines :thumbsup:
It goes to show that every machine can have its uses in certain situations
Would love to see your collection of machines one day fella :thumbsup:
Easylife

Junk and Disorderly wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:56 am The main art as you are aware with any Pulse machine is when to use one that you cannot do with a VLF machine and that is the hardest part i feel.
The Nox has shown to be capable of some very impressive depth relative to target size, though agree that a PI machine would come into it's own in certain situations, especially on more mineralized ground. :thumbsup:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Blackadder43

For some reason the edited title of this topic only shows up when i post on it lol
i'm working on it :thumbsup: