Advice please.

Scotorvm

OK so not allowed to post links..

this is the item.

Rolson 68525 Single Leather Tool Organiser Pouch With Metal Hammer Holder - Light Camel, Size Small
Ambler68

Scotorvm wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:28 am Hi mate

I have been using something similar to this for 10 years, I still use it every session and have never needed to replace it..

Thank you , you’re right I’ve been looking and I suppose if it’s good enough for the army 👍
Ambler68

Easylife wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:56 am I bought a Mac Allister tool belt years ago for a different purpose, those pouches seem pretty tough and could be kind of okay if modified some but I never used them. The inner belt is padded and has velcro, but it also has a webbing outer belt with snap clips. Really comfortable even with a few kg's on board. Maybe just get a decent webbing belt and some suitably sized army pouches? :D
I was looking at the webbing belts last night with the pouches separate and they look decent . I do have a full on Milwaukee rig which is still brand new but it has so much going on it would be over the top even though it was way over £100. I bought it for when I’m roofing but in the end went back to traditional carpenters leather pouch .
Maybe too much choice now adays .
👍
Easylife

Scotorvm wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:49 am OK so not allowed to post links..

this is the item.

Rolson 68525 Single Leather Tool Organiser Pouch With Metal Hammer Holder - Light Camel, Size Small
It is okay to post links. https://www.rolsontools.com/products/st ... uch-small/
I would imagine that suede leather would get pretty messy with the slop that is about at present. :Thinking:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
HammeredDeus

Just to chuck in another thought....
If I'm out on a long hunt, or if I'm expecting a lot of lead (eg on a fishing beach), the weight can build up a fair bit. It can be tedious wandering about with a weighted belt pulling ones trousers ever downwards, also bending down repeatedly (esp after a good lunch) makes a tight belt unpleasant. In these situations, I clip the bag onto a Molle shoulder harness so the weight is all on the shoulders. There are loads of bits and pieces, including the XP baggage that use the molle system.
Easylife

HammeredDeus wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:53 am Just to chuck in another thought....
If I'm out on a long hunt, or if I'm expecting a lot of lead (eg on a fishing beach), the weight can build up a fair bit. It can be tedious wandering about with a weighted belt pulling ones trousers ever downwards, also bending down repeatedly (esp after a good lunch) makes a tight belt unpleasant. In these situations, I clip the bag onto a Molle shoulder harness so the weight is all on the shoulders.
Or just leave it at the side of the field to collect later.
:D
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
keyfits

Easylife wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:38 pm I have cut down milk cartons in them to keep things seperate.
I like the milk carton idea, great way to keep the pouch clean as well from all the mud. :thumbsup:
HammeredDeus

Easylife wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:35 am Or just leave it at the side of the field to collect later.
:D
Tide permitting! :thumbsup:
Ambler68

HammeredDeus wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:53 am Just to chuck in another thought....
If I'm out on a long hunt, or if I'm expecting a lot of lead (eg on a fishing beach), the weight can build up a fair bit. It can be tedious wandering about with a weighted belt pulling ones trousers ever downwards, also bending down repeatedly (esp after a good lunch) makes a tight belt unpleasant. In these situations, I clip the bag onto a Molle shoulder harness so the weight is all on the shoulders. There are loads of bits and pieces, including the XP baggage that use the molle system.
Ah yes I noticed those last night .
It happened to me two weeks ago with a musket ball hoard .
I had to stop digging them as my trousers were coming down 🤣
shaggybfc

romanrob wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:31 pm My son Tom got me pouch from Protectertech a pouch for finds and 4 zipped compartments one for the Van keys and other compartments for a bottle of water I love it
I’ve had one for the past 4 ish years. Great bit of kit 👍🏼 the zips need a bit of wax every now and then.
Always carefully proof-read what you've typed to see if you've any words out.
Deus with 11" X35 and 9" HF coils. MI 6 pinpointer.