Effort in = new permission

Oxgirl

Inspired by Stanslad’s previous success in doing local events I did a display at the village fete today with a lovely lady who had put together loads of info on the village’s history.

Turns out that when part of the medieval manor house was dismantled bits of it found their way to other local houses. Ended up chatting to one of these home owners (they have the stone entrance pillars) - a local listed property- and she has asked me to detect her 18 acres! That is good in itself but, unknown to her, I know there was a medieval village there and it was one area I’d been hoping to get an ‘in’ on for years.

Obviously I told her about the history there and now she wants me over soon :Party:

Need some new land after a very dry spell of finds recently. Just hope it delivers on its historical promise now!
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Easylife

Nice one Cath, it sounds interesting. :thumbsup:
Good things come to those who wait.
Metalurgy

Excellent,I hope the finds match the potential and good luck 👍
coal digger

The prospect of some new land is always a tingle down the spine. I had a chap invite me down last Sunday on a small holding which is very close to a Norman battle site. All I came back with was 2 giant hands after being bitten by some jurassic thing.Good luck Cath .
figgis

Nicely played, that woman :thumbsup:

We all know that previous extensive history is no guarantee of quality finds, but there's loadsa fun and excitement in finding out :D
Oxgirl

coal digger wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:12 pm The prospect of some new land is always a tingle down the spine. I had a chap invite me down last Sunday on a small holding which is very close to a Norman battle site. All I came back with was 2 giant hands after being bitten by some jurassic thing.Good luck Cath .
Gawd that sounds bad :shock:
coal digger

Oxgirl wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:27 pm
coal digger wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:12 pm The prospect of some new land is always a tingle down the spine. I had a chap invite me down last Sunday on a small holding which is very close to a Norman battle site. All I came back with was 2 giant hands after being bitten by some jurassic thing.Good luck Cath .
Gawd that sounds bad :shock:
I looked like Kenny Everett brother Lee love for 4 days.
shaggybfc

Sounds like this new land is far too important to search on your own, and needs a team effort….. :lol: :thumbsup:
That’s a good move, I might offer to do something similar at my local fete….. :thumbsup:
Always carefully proof-read what you've typed to see if you've any words out.
Deus with 11" X35 and 9" HF coils. MI 6 pinpointer.
Metalurgy

shaggybfc wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:29 pm Sounds like this new land is far too important to search on your own, and needs a team effort….. :lol: :thumbsup:
That’s a good move, I might offer to do something similar at my local fete….. :thumbsup:
:lol:
Hordfindend

Oxgirl wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:32 pm Inspired by Stanslad’s previous success in doing local events I did a display at the village fete today with a lovely lady who had put together loads of info on the village’s history.

Turns out that when part of the medieval manor house was dismantled bits of it found their way to other local houses. Ended up chatting to one of these home owners (they have the stone entrance pillars) - a local listed property- and she has asked me to detect her 18 acres! That is good in itself but, unknown to her, I know there was a medieval village there and it was one area I’d been hoping to get an ‘in’ on for years.

Obviously I told her about the history there and now she wants me over soon :Party:

Need some new land after a very dry spell of finds recently. Just hope it delivers on its historical promise now!
May the Force Be With You on the new search!
Reiver

Great when a bit of effort pays off, I take my hat off to you.

Good luck on the new ground Cath. :thumbsup:
Reiver.
Oxgirl

Thank you everyone. Progress reports will be published!
JohnDeus

Good luck with it :thumbsup:
stanslad

Well done Cath & good luck with it,
I got to do the village fete again next weekend & hopefully will catch the other farmer that never got back to me after a few visits last year & get us out there,
I need to get the urge again, after losing Dad I lost a bit of enthusiasm & need to have a word with myself!
Clint
Oxgirl

stanslad wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:07 pm Well done Cath & good luck with it,
I got to do the village fete again next weekend & hopefully will catch the other farmer that never got back to me after a few visits last year & get us out there,
I need to get the urge again, after losing Dad I lost a bit of enthusiasm & need to have a word with myself!
Clint
I’m still waiting to get on the 600 acres I was promised last autumn too, so know your pain. As soon as I get on it I will get in touch - need to get you out! :thumbsup: