Winter gloves.

Easylife

A few years ago I bought a pair of ski gloves from Aldi for about £7 which had a waterproof membrane in them. They have been brilliant for detecting, keeping hands dry and warm but the seams are starting to go now so I looked for some replacements.
I have big hands and although I ordered another pair from Aldi their XL was a smaller size now so did not fit, great value though at just £4.99 and can be ordered online. Be aware that the Lidl ski gloves don't have a waterproof membrane in them.
I found a great pair in Decathalon, very much like my existing ones, warm and waterproof. £9.99 and 3XL were a perfect fit for me. I haven't actually used them for detecting yet but will do next time out. They look good quality and I see no reason why they would not last as well.
https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/adult-ski ... mc=8562916
Good things come to those who wait.
DaveP

I keep a pair of Decathlon WEDZE mittens in the car for all sorts and the wife has a pair at the yard - very good for the price. I've detected in the mittens too - much warmer and easier than you might think.
Oxgirl

Good info, thanks Easylife :thumbsup:

As an alternative option, this year I went for a pair of ski liner gloves to go inside my normal cheap waterproof ones. They are a non waterproof fabric (as they go inside the waterproof pair) and wash great. Really thin but warm so they do the job without leaving you with big clumsy hands, and were about £7 in the Christmas sales.
If you are angry you are living in the past,
If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you’re content you are living in the present, and that’s when life all starts to make sense.

Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Easylife

Oxgirl wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:57 pm ....and wash great.
Wash? :? :Thinking:
Oh dear, don't you know that if you wash them they will lose their special lucky detecting powers? :thumbdown:
Good things come to those who wait.