Little DIY Project..

Pete E

I am one of those people who likes to know the time, and being a poor Nox user it's not a feature ML offer.. Add to this I don’t like wearing a wrist watch while digging/detecting, and usually have my phone off to avoid EMI or “audio interference” from people ringing while in the field…

Initially, I considered a pocket watch, but could not find with the right features without spending far more than I wanted…Then I looked at fob watches and they were closer but still not quite right…

So I eventually decided to modify the strap on a cheap Casio watch…I know have a relatively cheap waterproof, shockproof and accurate fob watch which clips conveniently to the shoulder strap of my detecting harness…It actually works very well and it was well worth the 30 minutes to stitch up the new strap.
Attachments
BE10CEB1-5F68-4385-9A5A-852BCADF21A3.jpeg
BuriedByTime&Dust

That'll work :thumbsup:

I normally go for the last few hours of the day, so I know it's time to go home when I can no longer see what I'm doing :)
Dave The Slave

Kind of thing i have been looking at, Pete.
Have one of the Casio watches in my pocket as the plastic straps break .
Needing to leave the location at a certain time, that would be easier than fumbling around in my pocket.
Did buiy another Casio last year and that did the job until i wore the watch to work and the buckle pin actually bend inwards.
Will get another Casio but just wear for detecting.
Cheers, :thumbsup:
Dave.
Pete E

Dave The Slave wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:40 pm Kind of thing i have been looking at, Pete.
Have one of the Casio watches in my pocket as the plastic straps break .
Needing to leave the location at a certain time, that would be easier than fumbling around in my pocket.
Did buiy another Casio last year and that did the job until i wore the watch to work and the buckle pin actually bend inwards.
Will get another Casio but just wear for detecting.
Cheers, :thumbsup:
Dave.
Because the watch is simply hanging, I think it's subject to less forces/bumps than it is on your wrist so the bars are more than strong enough...

Although not obvious from the first pic, it does attach to both bars so if one does fail, you don't loose the watch...the pic below shows what I mean...
Attachments
F841C2FA-F15D-488E-8BDC-166FDB27709C.jpeg
Easylife

Great idea Pete, I just look at the time on my GPS as it's easier than getting the phone out of my jacket pocket. :D
Good things come to those who wait.
figgis

Great adaptation, that man :thumbsup:

Personally, I never want to know the time when I'm out swinging - it's kind of an acknowledgement that the outside world exists :lol:
Oxgirl

A nice bit of ingenuity there :thumbsup:
chill…karma will fix it

Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
DaveP

Nicely done.

I just stand the detector up straight and look at the length of the shadow. When there's no shadow it's time to go home :D
Pete E

Oxgirl wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:16 pm A nice bit of ingenuity there :thumbsup:
Not as nice as your leatherwork Cath; more stout than stylish....bit like myself really! :lol: