The new Nokta Makro multi frequency machine

coal digger

Easylife wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:19 pm What is your current detector?
Racer red ,which I bought in 2015.
Saffron

coal digger wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:20 am Racer red ,which I bought in 2015.
Before trying to drown it, and myself, in torrential rain I used the Racer 2 (and still have it as a backup).

I am sure you will find the Simplex superior to the red Racer. Its a good machine and at full price still good value for money. For the price you have got this package its great value.

Enjoy it and we look forward to seeing your finds.

Evan
bob79

New video from Dilek, Nokta/Makro are increasing the warranty period on the Legend from 2 years to 3 years based on customer demands.
Blackadder43

I have to say through personal experience that their customer service at the time i needed it was fantastic :thumbsup:

What is considered a 'normal' warranty period these days?
I am not known for my ID skills, but i make a cracking brew :thumbsup:
Pete E

bob79 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:23 pm New video from Dilek, Nokta/Makro are increasing the warranty period on the Legend from 2 years to 3 years based on customer demands.
With most things it's the statutory 12 months, although ML offer 3 years as standard, which sounds like what Nokta are matching.....
Oxgirl

Blackadder43 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:33 pm

What is considered a 'normal' warranty period these days?
For most machines in their ranges the following warranty periods are typical. Note there are some exceptions, i.e. Minelab’s Go Find is 2 years.

Garrett - 2 years
Minelab - 3 years
XP - 5 years
chill…karma will fix it

Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
BuriedByTime&Dust

Blackadder43 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:33 pmWhat is considered a 'normal' warranty period these days?
I find that the warranty period of pretty much any product is normally around a week less than it takes for something to go wrong that would have been covered by it :pulling hair out:
Easylife

BuriedByTime&Dust wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:23 pm I find that the warranty period of pretty much any product is normally around a week less than it takes for something to go wrong that would have been covered by it :pulling hair out:
Quite true, though just out of warranty some good companies will still either fix it for a small fee or for free. I had a circular saw pack up a month out of warranty and Hitachi sent me a brand new replacement at no cost, now there's outstanding customer service! :thumbsup:
Good things come to those who wait.
DaveP

Nokta pinpointer - sound went on the blink at 2 years and a few days. The reply was 'sorry to hear that but that's life'.

The vibration still worked but the only trouble now is I know I put it somewhere :thumbdown:
Blackadder43

DaveP wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:46 pm Nokta pinpointer - sound went on the blink at 2 years and a few days. The reply was 'sorry to hear that but that's life'.
Just interested but was that a direct Nokta response, or an outlet response?
I have rarely heard anything bad from Nokta (direct contact) , thats not saying there arent examples out there though
I am not known for my ID skills, but i make a cracking brew :thumbsup:
DaveP

Blackadder43 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:55 pm Just interested but was that a direct Nokta response, or an outlet response?
I have rarely heard anything bad from Nokta (direct contact) , thats not saying there arent examples out there though
I was in direct contact with Dilek - we've had discussions on a few topics - who directed me to LP as their service centre. They said to return it as a warranty claim but when I called and said it was just out of warranty they said there would be a cost. They may have done it for free in the end but I wasn't prepared to risk a cost against an older pinpointer which isn't the best design. I've checked the emails and this was back in 2019.
I'm not saying it's bad service as it was out of warranty - just agreeing with BuriedByTimeandDust.

I've also got a pulsedive pointer which I planned to use around rock pools etc. but haven't had the chance. I've used it on land but it's a PITA with the Nox. I've discussed the problem with Dilek and she with the engineers, although it's not actually their problem, but Nokta don't have any solutions. So now there's an early Nokta somewhere in the house or garage, a pulsedive back in the box, and a second hand Garrett that stays in the bag and does well with some tape over the speaker to quieten right down.
bob79

Dilek has released an update video on the Legend, they are recalling units for an upgrade because of feedback from testers wanting more options.
Two main ones are an extra number of tones and another multi frequency option in field and park mode, I'm guessing it's like on the Nox with different weighted frequencies depending on what you are searching for.
Still no date for shipping, won't be before February though.
Oxgirl

bob79 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:25 am Dilek has released an update video on the Legend, they are recalling units for an upgrade because of feedback from testers wanting more options.
Two main ones are an extra number of tones and another multi frequency option in field and park mode, I'm guessing it's like on the Nox with different weighted frequencies depending on what you are searching for.
Still no date for shipping, won't be before February though.
At least they are trying to get it right before releasing. Hope they don’t miss sales though because of the delay :thumbsup:
chill…karma will fix it

Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Easylife

They just need to copy the Nox a bit more! :D
Good things come to those who wait.
bob79

Easylife wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:20 pm They just need to copy the Nox a bit more! :D
Ooh, don't let Dilek catch you saying that😱🤣