Mobile phone interference

Detectingnortheast

Has anyone had any issues with mobile phone interference with the Manticore? I was out at the weekend and was getting quite a lot of interference. I had to bring my sensitivity down to 23-24 and still got a bit of interference. I then remembered I had this issue with my NOX, and then put my phone into flight mode. This improved things but not by a massive amount. Two others with me were using Manticores and had no issues with their phones and were able to run sensitivity at 30 with no issues. I use a Google Pixel 6 phone. Has anyone else had any issues with their Manticore?
I'm just trying to get some ideas. I will try again on a different field to see if it was just the conditions as I don't want to waste the shops time sending it back under warranty unless I know for sure there is an issue.

Thanks in advance
Easylife

I have never had any issues with phones causing interference, Nox, D1 or D2.
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Artybarty

Detectingnortheast wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 1:45 pm Has anyone had any issues with mobile phone interference with the Manticore? I was out at the weekend and was getting quite a lot of interference. I had to bring my sensitivity down to 23-24 and still got a bit of interference. I then remembered I had this issue with my NOX, and then put my phone into flight mode. This improved things but not by a massive amount. Two others with me were using Manticores and had no issues with their phones and were able to run sensitivity at 30 with no issues. I use a Google Pixel 6 phone. Has anyone else had any issues with their Manticore?
I'm just trying to get some ideas. I will try again on a different field to see if it was just the conditions as I don't want to waste the shops time sending it back under warranty unless I know for sure there is an issue.

Thanks in advance
If relevant I sometimes get interference on my Nokta Legend when my phone is low or no signal. I awitch to airplane mode and this sorts it
Doubling the worm population with every slice…

Nokta Legend aka “Hawkwind”
HammeredDeus

Detectingnortheast wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 1:45 pm Has anyone had any issues with mobile phone interference with the Manticore? I was out at the weekend and was getting quite a lot of interference. I had to bring my sensitivity down to 23-24 and still got a bit of interference. I then remembered I had this issue with my NOX, and then put my phone into flight mode. This improved things but not by a massive amount. Two others with me were using Manticores and had no issues with their phones and were able to run sensitivity at 30 with no issues. I use a Google Pixel 6 phone. Has anyone else had any issues with their Manticore?

Thanks in advance
Are you sure that the interference you were suffering was not coming from one of the other Manti's ? I've been near Manticore users on rallies, while using my D2 and found that they put out a lot more EMI than most other machines. Noise cancelling may be the answer, but if you've got several Manticore (or other modern machines for that matter) users all within 'earshot' of each other, I wonder if they can all successfully eliminate each other's outputs using noise cancel (there may not be enough 'clear' channels). Begs the question, how many Manticore users can co-exist peacefully in a smallish area!?
Allectus

"mobile phone interference with the Manticore?"

============================================

Does it not turn off!? :roll:
Oxgirl

If you switch on near another SMF machine you'll have problems forcthe whole sesdion. Turn on at least 20 metres from anyone else.
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Littleboot

I never take my phone out when detecting. Bloody thing is a pain in the backside anyway so its the last thing I need when I need to concentrate.
I never detect with anyone else either (except Pete and he doesn't count because he does more leaning on his machine looking at the view and dreaming of lunch than anything else and has admitted, during a row, that he sometimes doesn't even turn it on. :lol: )
So I'm no use in this research. But my Nox doesn't like the phone tower on one of my more far flung permissions. Gobbles like a turkey. If it does that to the NOx, what is it doing to my brain?
Live long and prosper.
Detectingnortheast

HammeredDeus wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 4:34 pm Are you sure that the interference you were suffering was not coming from one of the other Manti's ? I've been near Manticore users on rallies, while using my D2 and found that they put out a lot more EMI than most other machines. Noise cancelling may be the answer, but if you've got several Manticore (or other modern machines for that matter) users all within 'earshot' of each other, I wonder if they can all successfully eliminate each other's outputs using noise cancel (there may not be enough 'clear' channels). Begs the question, how many Manticore users can co-exist peacefully in a smallish area!?
I'll have to test this when I'm next out
Detectingnortheast

Allectus wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 4:39 pm "mobile phone interference with the Manticore?"

============================================

Does it not turn off!? :roll:
Good point. I use it mainly for tracking with the XP app but will test without it next time.
Detectingnortheast

Littleboot wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:05 pm I never take my phone out when detecting. Bloody thing is a pain in the backside anyway so its the last thing I need when I need to concentrate.
I never detect with anyone else either (except Pete and he doesn't count because he does more leaning on his machine looking at the view and dreaming of lunch than anything else and has admitted, during a row, that he sometimes doesn't even turn it on. :lol: )
So I'm no use in this research. But my Nox doesn't like the phone tower on one of my more far flung permissions. Gobbles like a turkey. If it does that to the NOx, what is it doing to my brain?
Detectingnortheast

Littleboot wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:05 pm I never take my phone out when detecting. Bloody thing is a pain in the backside anyway so its the last thing I need when I need to concentrate.
I d plenty of dreaming of lunch as well haha. When I got the 15inch coiltek for my Nox the interference was so bad I thought it was broken. As soon as I put my phone in flight mode it stopped.