Hi :)!

Shockwave

Hey there my name's Matteo Bonney, I live in Italy!
Blackadder43

Hi Matteo, do you also have an interest in Detecting?
Folk would love to see your finds :thumbsup:
Shockwave

Yes I certainly do, I can show you my finds although I have to take proper pictures to determine the size
Oxgirl

We
Come to the forum, it’s lovely to have you as a member :D
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
figgis

Hey there, and welcome :thumbsup:

Italy, eh? My favourite country on the planet (yes, including this one!)

Love to see what you have managed to find when you have the time to show us. :D
Shockwave

figgis wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 4:14 pm Hey there, and welcome :thumbsup:

Italy, eh? My favourite country on the planet (yes, including this one!)

Love to see what you have managed to find when you have the time to show us. :D
Trust me you guys in the UK have it like kings compared to here, both in terms of soil conditions (your soil is more acidic and less corrosive on coins and relics) our soil is more alkaline and therefore more corrosive, and in terms of laws governing relics and metal detecting in general. Yes I'm jealous cause you probably have the best combination of having a rich history and laws which are flexible and don't confiscate your land like they do here ( for any item that's 50 years old you've got to report it, if you find any roman stuff you can kiss the field goodbye)
Pasko

Shockwave wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 6:04 pm Trust me you guys in the UK have it like kings compared to here, both in terms of soil conditions (your soil is more acidic and less corrosive on coins and relics) our soil is more alkaline and therefore more corrosive, and in terms of laws governing relics and metal detecting in general. Yes I'm jealous cause you probably have the best combination of having a rich history and laws which are flexible and don't confiscate your land like they do here ( for any item that's 50 years old you've got to report it, if you find any roman stuff you can kiss the field goodbye)
Interesting . I did not know that the Italian law is so strict about metal detecting. But laws are there to be brocken🙂 The soil must be diffrent from region to region. I understand because the soil in Croatia is also pretty cruel for most of the coins also, and terrain is very dificult in Dalmatia everytging is uphill and more rocks then soil, and you have to be in very good shape to find something . But as soon as you get behind the mountain it is a diffrent story. Italy is similar I think. England is full of roman stuff and they have nice fields and lot of roman and celtic stuff but Italy must be full of treasure also . Nice to see a sea neighbor on the hub. Welcome and please show us some of your finds when you have the time. 👍🙂
Oxgirl

Please can I remind everyone that we have few rules here, but we do have some. We do not condone any illegal detecting and expect our members to follow the rules of the country they are detecting in. Any member suggesting illegal detecting practices runs the very real risk of having their account removed.

Our rules can be found here in case any member needs to refresh their memory of what they agreed to when joining.

(For clarification to Matteo - this post is not aimed at you)
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Pasko

It was a joke. I put a smiley. Folow the law . Law is the law even when it is stupid. I do not recomend anyboody to break the law. Again just a joke