Top Tips

Arthuryder

Hi there,

I’m very new to this machine/ any. If anyone has any good YouTube videos they could share or general tips on the machine I’d be hugely grateful.

Many thanks in advance,

Tom
Wrighty

Hi Tom, you may have to let us know which machine you’re using!
Let’s go out and get hammered!
Easylife

Wrighty wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:03 pm Hi Tom, you may have to let us know which machine you’re using!
The clue is in the section posted! :D
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
mattjb

Easylife wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 12:26 am The clue is in the section posted! :D
If you are looking on a phone and viewing recent topics it’s not easy to spot!
HammeredDeus

mattjb wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 7:20 am If you are looking on a phone and viewing recent topics it’s not easy to spot!
I agree, and there are now about four different flavours of Simplex !
HammeredDeus

Arthuryder wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 8:42 pm Hi there,

I’m very new to this machine/ any. If anyone has any good YouTube videos they could share or general tips on the machine I’d be hugely grateful.

Many thanks in advance,

Tom
I've assumed you mean the original Simplex+ 8-)

Tips - frustrating to use on wet sand (setting ground balance to 0 helps), but great on pasture or ploughed land. I always used Field 1 and had iron volume on a low, but audible setting. I never discriminate out any targets, and - as with all machines - a good way to spot iron is to swing a second time over a target at 90 degrees to the first swing (iron usually gives a response which is crummy in at least one direction, plus it helps you clarify exactly where to dig). 'If in doubt, dig it out' and try to pay close attention to the sounds, rather than just the numbers. :thumbsup:

This guy is quite good - although a bit laboured, and he doesn't/didn't have access to good land, so finds are a bit dull (situation normal for many of us!):

https://www.youtube.com/@DTEKTSUSSEX/videos
mrspatch

Arthuryder wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 8:42 pm Hi there,

Many thanks in advance,

Tom
As well as Dtekt Sussex, check out the simplex guru, and history Revisited.. You'll have to go back a bit on their YouTube channel.. But I used all of the when I had a simplex.. As well as ground balancing to zero on the beach there was a good trick for IDing bottle caps on the beach.. But it's so long ago, I've forgotten it lol
Arthuryder

Thank you all very much for your replies! I’ve been very busy with work and so haven’t had a chance to properly read them. Apologies for the lack of exact model info too and any confusion.

I will read them all in detail and hopefully have time to go detecting soon and perhaps have something interesting to share with you all.

Have a great weekend all and thanks again for taking the time to reply :)

Tom