D2 more Sensitivity?

Easylife

Especially on fairly quiet ground I find that I can run the D2 flat out in silence and completely stable at Reactivity 0, Sensitivity 99, no filters, even with the 13" coil - and still be left wanting much more! It would often be useful if Sensitivity could be cranked up much more past the standard max 99 to a greater level - at least to the stage of some instability?
Generally I run Reactivity 1 or 1.5 with the big coil, as whilst any less is also fine it just tends to add some iron response to deeper targets. If EMI is at all bothersome then I drop back to Reactivity 97 to quieten it down if a frequency scan does not help. The 9" coil would stand even more cranking.
Do other D2 users find the same? :Thinking:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
stupot

Yes, but only in conditions you're on. This is rare for me as I only do arable and coast in the main. On arable, I happily run 95, reac 1.5-2. some filters, but not much overall only when required. I'm running no disc which helps a lot, like horseshoe on manti etc this is where I've made decent gains together with audio adjustments. Always been an advocate of HF wherever possible. The frequency is key on turned soil, much less on ancient pasture where you need decent poke, though I've found it less so on the shore.

My main attack is to try and get enhancements on marginal targets. Sensitivity being far more important to me on tilled fields. That dreaded word depth, far less important overall.

It's all in the audio, as it always was for me personally.
HammeredDeus

Easylife wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 12:35 am Especially on fairly quiet ground I find that I can run the D2 flat out in silence and completely stable at Reactivity 0, Sensitivity 99, no filters, even with the 13" coil - and still be left wanting much more! It would often be useful if Sensitivity could be cranked up much more past the standard max 99 to a greater level - at least to the stage of some instability?
Generally I run Reactivity 1 or 1.5 with the big coil, as whilst any less is also fine it just tends to add some iron response to deeper targets. If EMI is at all bothersome then I drop back to Reactivity 97 to quieten it down if a frequency scan does not help. The 9" coil would stand even more cranking.
I absolutely agree. My impression is that the manti does have that extra 'headroom'.

My first thought was of this, I'm afraid :D :

fred

HammeredDeus wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:41 am I absolutely agree. My impression is that the manti does have that extra 'headroom'.

My first thought was of this, I'm afraid :D :

Me too! :D
stupot

And me!!

On and on until all we'll hear is the magma at the core bubbling away...
Easylife

stupot wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:24 pm On and on until all we'll hear is the magma at the core bubbling away...
-6.4 Disc to hear that! :lol:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Suffolkdutch

Easylife wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 12:35 am Especially on fairly quiet ground I find that I can run the D2 flat out in silence and completely stable at Reactivity 0, Sensitivity 99, no filters, even with the 13" coil - and still be left wanting much more! It would often be useful if Sensitivity could be cranked up much more past the standard max 99 to a greater level - at least to the stage of some instability?
Crank up the audio response as well that helps abit
Dan Fox

If you have topped out the settings in the normal programs then try swapping to Goldfield with some tweaks to audio response and iron volume and swap to high square tones.

Usually though a quite field suggests not much ancient activity so trying to go deeper isn't usually the answer.
hammeredidiot

I use Relic mode with good results on quiet land, just turn on the notch, high square, sens 99 and disc iar set to 5.