MI-6 minor nuances.

Easylife

My MI-6 is quite a few years old and has had heavy use but still works fine. Though now whilst paired with the D2, about half of the time when it is switched on or off it gives no confirmation chirp/buzz, it remains silent though has performed that on or off action. Charging the battery makes no difference, and the battery is still good as it lasts 3 months of regular use - about 2000 uses. Gee, I guess it could have been used about 40,000 times so far! The intermittent silent on/off is of no great issue but I wondered if any others have experiended the same? Apart from that, on three occasions over about 2 years when I have switched the MI-6 off the coil has not reconnected. But by simply switching the MI-6 on and off again has resolved the coil reconnection. If my MI-6 ever finally packs up I would buy another as they work best with the Deus, but I still have my trusty 'carrot' as a back up. :thumbsup:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Oxgirl

My first one lasted years till I didn’t put the cap on one time and it got flooded when I washed it :roll: My second one is three years old and still working perfectly. I wouldn’t have another type either :thumbsup:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Pete E

Do they detect off the entire length of the body like a carrot, or just off the tip like a TRX?
HammeredDeus

Pete E wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:00 pm Do they detect off the entire length of the body like a carrot, or just off the tip like a TRX?
The first inch or two of the side as well as the tip. I think most of these pps have much the same ferrite rod in the pointy bit.
HammeredDeus

Easylife wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:22 pm My MI-6 is quite a few years old and has had heavy use but still works fine. Though now whilst paired with the D2, about half of the time when it is switched on or off it gives no confirmation chirp/buzz, it remains silent though has performed that on or off action. Charging the battery makes no difference, and the battery is still good as it lasts 3 months of regular use - about 2000 uses. Gee, I guess it could have been used about 40,000 times so far! The intermittent silent on/off is of no great issue but I wondered if any others have experiended the same? Apart from that, on three occasions over about 2 years when I have switched the MI-6 off the coil has not reconnected. But by simply switching the MI-6 on and off again has resolved the coil reconnection. If my MI-6 ever finally packs up I would buy another as they work best with the Deus, but I still have my trusty 'carrot' as a back up. :thumbsup:
I find that my MI6 seems to fail to link with the coil/rc sometimes. I've decided that it's caused by- otherwise silent - EMI.
I've just learned to live with it, and it doesn't bother me - the integration with the phones/rc is too useful in the 90+ percent of the cases when it works first time. I think that the grade of plastic used is only just tough enough and the thread on the cap is quite easy to mangle/crossthread if you're not careful. My other pp is a nokta pulsedive which is bombproof (and integrates flawlessly with my old Simplex). I would not want a pp that wasn't underwaterproof and didn't have an integrated lithium battery.
shaggybfc

Mine is a few years old now. The rubber protection is pulling away, but that’s self inflicted where I cleaned it in hot water… doh.
The only other thing that’s annoying is, Every time after charging, when it’s first switched on, it works great for about 5 mins, then totally stops, makes high pitch squeaky noises, then stops again - just like EMI or a Nox being close by.
I need to turn off the remote, turn off the pin pointer then once restarted, all is OK again until the next time I charge it.
Always carefully proof-read what you've typed to see if you've any words out.
Deus with 11" X35 and 9" HF coils. MI 6 pinpointer.