Deus 2 advice

Dave_clayton

Seeing as a few of you run the D2 I was looking for some assistance on settings as I am totally new to the machine
The salt sensitivity what sort of levels as a general rule are people running as I am not used to having that coming from minelab products.
I did change the tones from factory to pmw full tones on beach sensitive that defo helped my ears but noticed the very deep targets are very quiet could that be boosted without causing deafness if I hit a big shallow target
Many thanks for any advice you can give
fred

Dave_clayton wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:49 pm Seeing as a few of you run the D2 I was looking for some assistance on settings as I am totally new to the machine
The salt sensitivity what sort of levels as a general rule are people running as I am not used to having that coming from minelab products.
I did change the tones from factory to pmw full tones on beach sensitive that defo helped my ears but noticed the very deep targets are very quiet could that be boosted without causing deafness if I hit a big shallow target
Many thanks for any advice you can give
Try Square Tones if you want it to sound more like a Minelab.One of the brilliant features of the D2 was the ability to boost deep signals, however, you need to use this sparingly. I found it far more productive to get used to what very deep targets sound like i.e. a low, narrow sound and no numbers. :thumbsup:
HammeredDeus

I run salt sens as high as I can get away with on any particular beach. If there's no EMI - as is the usual case when the tide's out and/or I'm not too close to 'civilization' - I can run normal sens at 98 or so and salt sens at about 8. As per the manual, if this is too noisy/chatty, I wind down salt sens in preference - usually 6 or 7 is as low as I need to go, but it depends on the beach and on how much chatiness you want. Audio Response is the way to adjust volume in relation to size/depth - if you set it too high, big things like drinks cans can hurt your ears and you pick up more EMI if there's any about.
I like to use Full Tones and High Square audio (sounds quite Noxlike as Fred says) I also like to put Audio Filter to 5 as this makes aluminium sound tinny/trashy most of the time.
Dave_clayton

I need to smash a lot more hours in I think a trip out Thurs is needed. Tho very impressive depth may actually make me get rid of the sovereign and just use my nox and d2
HammeredDeus

PS another thing I find helps a lot in avoiding trash is the XY screen.
HammeredDeus

Dave_clayton wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:18 pm I need to smash a lot more hours in I think a trip out Thurs is needed. Tho very impressive depth may actually make me get rid of the sovereign and just use my nox and d2
My Nox is kept on the shelf as a spare/loaner.
fred

Dave_clayton wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:18 pm I need to smash a lot more hours in I think a trip out Thurs is needed. Tho very impressive depth may actually make me get rid of the sovereign and just use my nox and d2
The D2 is a seriously good machine on beaches. I can get a little more depth and sensitivity with the Manticore but it's taken some serious effort to do so. Of course the D2 is much lighter and can be swung faster if you're trying to cover beach.