Identifying Finds Video

DionAstro

I made a video today with some tips for people to identify finds, objects coins etc, it's not always 100% but it does very very well and surprisingly, a lot aren't aware of this little resource

Vanquish 540 Owner, ex Wannabe Deus 2 Owner because now I got one! :D
Oxgirl

Thanks. Google image search is a very useful resource for some items - it gets you a great starting point to research an item. Like everything it has its limitations, but then so do forums!

Good video - clear and concise :thumbsup:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
fred

DionAstro wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:08 pm I made a video today with some tips for people to identify finds, objects coins etc, it's not always 100% but it does very very well and surprisingly, a lot aren't aware of this little resource

Cheers. A good simple explanation. I've just started using the image search and it's amazing. :thumbsup:
Easylife

I find the AI search quite hit and miss, but more the miss - still worth a try though for the unknown. :thumbsup:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Debbie Daft

Google also have an app for android, Google Lens. I use the app often out in the field if an item has got me so curious I can't wait till I get home.
Also if I find an interesting find, I always take a photograph with my phone anyway as its a reminder of the day I found it plus you can retrieve the location/coordinates info if it is an extra special find.

Also taking a photograph 📸 outside gives you much better clarity and light than your kitchen table, unless you have a light box that is.