Garret pinpointer and rechargeable batteries

Slawek

Hi everyone.

Finally I've reached the point ( can't believe that took me so long :shock: ), when I would like to use rechargeable batteries on my "carrot", but I concern which one of them are the best one?

Did anyone faced any issues using them? Please share

...and finally , can you recommend particular brand ?

I suppose they can keep the power shorter time , but that's not a problem to swap for other fully charge...

I have to find the way to not buy "normal" ones and unnecessary spend money so often.

I'm pretty sure there are some good once on market.

Thanks and happy hunting :thumbsup:
Slawek
Easylife

I did not bother to use a rechargeable battery in my carrot as Duracell Procell batteries lasted 3 months of regular use and were very cheap (£1 each) if bought about 10 at a time online. :thumbsup:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Slawek

Easylife wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:28 pm I did not bother to use a rechargeable battery in my carrot as Duracell Procell batteries lasted 3 months of regular use and were very cheap (£1 each) if bought about 10 at a time online. :thumbsup:
I'll definitely look on them, thank you...Can I ask why rechargeable are not so good? I never use them...
Slawek
Slawek

Slawek wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:32 pm I'll definitely look on them, thank you...Can I ask why rechargeable are not so good? I never use them...
hmm, not bad price as well :Thinking: something to concern about now
Slawek
agwills

Hi,
18 months ago I bought a set of 3 Keenstone lithium-ion rechargeable 9V 800mAh batteries with charger from a well-known former online bookstore, gave them a full charge, put one in the carrot and a spare in the bag for when it ran out, and it hasn't yet! On average I get out detecting once a week for a few hours. So I'm well impressed :thumbsup:
Mancaveman

I have been using Lloytron rechargeable Ultra 250mAh batteries in my Garrett propointer for a couple of years now. One in the machine and a second in my pocket in case the first runs out. Take a while to recharge though. Still a good option!
Slawek

Thanks you all.
I think I'll buy Keenstone. Capassity 800mAh sounds good ...If will be some issues I'll back to normal ones. Worth to try.

Last time I bought pack of Varta (20) and last about six batteries , each one died after just one day out, even date was ok for next few months... So I found out probably max 10 batteries it's maximum to buy and not worry they get flat by the time...

Yep, time for give it a go, will see...
Slawek