Toad in the Hole !

Dave The Slave

We`ve all dug worms, ants and no doubt other species but even this was a surprise.
On our 12tyh visit to the Country residence, we were again in the Avenue.
Although i had been over this area before, changed the way i searched to more of a grid method.
First item out was the slider below the Artillery badge, even has sliding stamped on it.
Then The Artillery badge, very close to the one i found a couple of weeks ago.
Finally a Silvered coin emerged, although only 50% a 1946 Sixpence was a good find.

Getting to the end of that line of trees, crossed to the other side.
Digging the first hole, something moved in the hole, which was about 3inches deep, a Toadling.
Rubbish picture as taken from my computer screen, from the photo my friend took which is good, showing said Toad on my spade.
Can`t even remember what the metallic object was from that hole.

Couple of those everyday rings appeared from the same hole giving off a very elongated signal.
1902 Penny was dug.
What i thought was a buckle, could only belong to Bigfoot as it measures 4"x4".
Other bits and pieces, finishing off with a 22mm diameter farthing from somewhere back then, alas the detail has gone.

Not one button this week and also one of those rare weeks where the 400i outgunned the D1, the same as last week.
My friend did find a 20p though plus a spendable 1p but as i said you have to walk over a target to find it and i prefer to grid for most of a session.
Thanks for looking, :thumbsup:
Dave.
Pete E

I think I would have a heart attack if I reached into a hole and something started moving! 😨

We have a toad that lives in the shrubbery in the back garden...it drives the dog nuts, but he seems to know he can't bite it!
Blackadder43

i dug into a hole once and sadly damaged a toad beyond repair :thumbdown:
was a shock and i felt sad all day
I still pick worms up that are travelling on the pavements in this heat and find somewhere wet for thm to live again, got to protect nature :thumbsup:

I think your estate will come alive with some rain and finding the habited areas from days gone by :thumbsup:
Bound to be a gold sovereign in there somewhere :ugeek:
I am not known for my ID skills, but i make a cracking brew :thumbsup:
Easylife

Good to see you finding a few more targets, I like the cap badge. :thumbsup:
Good things come to those who wait.
Hordfindend

Dave The Slave wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:07 pm We`ve all dug worms, ants and no doubt other species but even this was a surprise.
Although i had been over this area before, changed the way i searched to more of a grid method.
First item out was the slider below the Artillery badge, even has sliding stamped on it.
Finally a Silvered coin emerged, although only 50% a 1946 Sixpence was a good find.

Digging the first hole, something moved in the hole, which was about 3inches deep, a Toadling.
Rubbish picture as taken from my computer screen, from the photo my friend took which is good, showing said Toad on my spade.

Couple of those everyday rings appeared from the same hole giving off a very elongated signal.
1902 Penny was dug.
Other bits and pieces, finishing off with a 22mm diameter farthing from somewhere back then, alas the detail has gone.

Not one button this week and also one of those rare weeks where the 400i outgunned the D1, the same as last week.
My friend did find a 20p though plus a spendable 1p but as i said you have to walk over a target to find it and i prefer to grid for most of a session.
Dave.
I hope you reported it to the PAS (Portable Amphibian Scheme).
Pete E

Hordfindend wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:43 am
Dave The Slave wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:07 pm We`ve all dug worms, ants and no doubt other species but even this was a surprise.

1902 Penny was dug.

Dave.
I hope you reported it to the PAS (Portable Amphibian Scheme).
😂😂😂😂
Oxgirl

I found a toad in a hole in a baked hard field once too. It frightened the life out of me and was thankful I hadn’t sliced it with my spade. I guess they sort of hibernate there, avoiding predators and the dry conditions but no idea how they get out if it stays dry into the autumn. Nice to see yours survived unscathed too :thumbsup:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Easylife

I remember mowing the lawn and then finding some frog parts in the grass collection box! :? :(
Good things come to those who wait.