Cadburys Coco Cub Badge.

Dave The Slave

Found yesterday by Warrior Queen.
1930`s enamel badge, I`m a Coco Cub, issued by Cadburys.
The hole at the bottom is deliberate, where a Veteran badge could be added and also a Coded Leaders bar.
Blue is slightly darker than the photo.
https://search.aol.co.uk/click/_ylt=Awr ... Vd9cEpJz8-
Thanks for looking, :thumbsup:
Dave.
Oxgirl

Never seen one of those before. In great condition too :thumbsup:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Bronze age Dave

Something a bit different I like it :thumbsup:
Dave The Slave

The Duck reminded me of an old Disney Character, cross between Daffy Duck and the crows.

The badge design was also used as the club’s logo, appearing on it’s stationery and letterheads. It shows 'Dumpty Doo' the duck wearing a tam-o-shanter cap and the most reproduced figure from the Cococub family. Ernest Aris (1882-1963) a well known children’s author and book illustrator created the Cococub family characters.

Cheers, :thumbsup:
Dave.
Sensorman

I found this badge at the start of this year. So I needed to do some research to identify it. It was also a Cadbury’s club in 1950s. Here’s what I found out:

“An early 1950’s C-Cub club membership badge issued by Cadbury-Bournville. The badge shows the club name and the club’s figurehead Colin, who also had a sister called Carol. Carol was introduced to give the club more girl-appeal and had her own section in the C-Cubs magazine called Carol’s Corner. I believe the Cadbury C-Cubs magazine was produced quarterly but if anyone can confirm this, I’d be grateful. There were also C-Cub Annuals.

The original Cococub club was disbanded after the outbreak of WW2 in 1939 and Cadbury-Bournville revived the club after the war. The C-Cubs remained popular into the 1950s and members shared similar benefits to those offered by it’s predecessor. Unfortunately, there was not as much associated merchandise made for the C-Cubs as there was for the earlier Cococub Club, such as the famous character figures and toys.“
Attachments
IMG_4845.jpeg