Deus 2, no cigar..... yet.

Charles Abbeyville

What's going on... that will forever remain a mystery I'm afraid. We didn't look at numbers, all we went on was does it sound like a 'diggable signal' because of course, originally the D2 couldn't pick that damn pin up at all!
fred

Your problem is strange but I really wouldn't worry about it, especially now that it seems to have resolved itself. Concentrate on what it will do and try not to dwell on what It might not do. :thumbsup:
Charles Abbeyville

Absolutely! :thumbsup:
Oxgirl

Charles sent me the pin too and the D2 wouldn’t pick it up on any General, Sensitive or sensitive full tones. On deep or relic it just registered with numbers around 35. And I mean sat on the ground just below the coil.

Yes I had done a frequency scan and it was on unmineralised clean pasture. Very weird.
If you are angry you are living in the past,
If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you’re content you are living in the present, and that’s when life all starts to make sense.

Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
fred

This now sounds like a software issue rather than a setting up problem.

Modern top end detectors pick up everything but it's the software that converts the electronic signatures of the signals into what you see and hear. If something gets missed out or messed up it looks as though the detector doesnt detect it. This is exactly what happened to the Nox with large silver coins on edge.

Fortunately issues like this can fairly 'simply' be resolved by software updates. I know installing updates is a nuisance but they do happen for a reason. :thumbsup:

Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention and for investigating it so doggedly. Makes you wonder what else the D2 misses (but see 3 posts above :D ). :thumbsup:
Easylife

fred wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 2:10 am This now sounds like a software issue rather than a setting up problem.
I wonder if something like Iron Bias or Bottle cap reject had some effect? Though guess that testers would have tried everything to best effect? :Thinking:
Good things come to those who wait.
fred

Easylife wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 8:15 am I wonder if something like Iron Bias or Bottle cap reject had some effect? Though guess that testers would have tried everything to best effect? :Thinking:
Even if it was rejected you'd probably still see a number. If Cath managed to get a 35 out of it then it's not where I'd expect the rusty bottle cap notch to fall either (I think it's around 69/71). :thumbsup:
Pete E

Still think the pin was from some sort of Roman stealth chariot! :D :D
Easylife

My Nox found a buckle pin the other day so no worries here! :D :angel:
Easylife

Pete E wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 2:28 pm Still think the pin was from some sort of Roman stealth chariot! :D :D
Maybe it just manifests and is only detectable at certain times? :? :lol:
Charles Abbeyville

Easylife wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:17 pm What number does the saxon pin give on the D1 with hf coil?
It gives a 35-36 on the D2 when buried in this dry ground.