Deus 2, no cigar..... yet.

Charles Abbeyville

Out with Deus 11 for the first time.

The headphones are almost useless for me because I have big head (don't say it) and the phones that should be worn in front of the ears (and not on) can't get anywhere near my ears so I turned the volume up and wore them round my neck but it's not really working and the new/better phones are not availably until at least June! In hindsight I wish I had waited till June.

Next, I took a small bronze Saxon pin with me (see pic) that the old Deus 1 only just got but I couldn't get a peep out of the Deus 2 on it in any programme, could do with some advice there. I have a suspicion that it would have picked it up with a HF coil as it did with the Deus 1. So now another wait for a HF coil!

So; anyone got a rough guess how to get a signal off the bronze pin? I did go through every programme and by the way I am still a flag-waver for Deus, been using the Deus 1 for, I don't know how many years now so I know all will be well eventually.
Attachments
untitled-1.jpg
Allectus

"So; anyone got a rough guess how to get a signal off the bronze pin? "

=============================================================

Chop the Frenchie in for a Minelab! :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:
DaveP

Allectus wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:54 pm "So; anyone got a rough guess how to get a signal off the bronze pin? "

=============================================================

Chop the Frenchie in for a Minelab! :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:
They'll cost even more when le pin becomes Le Pen :D
Blackadder43

I have no idea on your issue there fella, but we have some very good D2 wizards and sorceresses on the forums who will be along shortly to hopefully shine some light on it for you :thumbsup:

Thats a nice Saxon pin too :clapping:
I am not known for my ID skills, but i make a cracking brew :thumbsup:
Ironage

Have a look on YouTube , englands history , old Sid , might pick up some info 👍
HolzHammer

yep, nice pin!
Easylife

I think I saw something somewhere about lowering the discrimination to maybe 5.9? :Thinking:
Good things come to those who wait.
Charles Abbeyville

Easylife wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:01 pm I think I saw something somewhere about lowering the discrimination to maybe 5.9? :Thinking:
Yep; tried that. I'm sure it's going to be a new type HF coil. Just to clarify; I reckon I did get more signals than normal after my field had been dragged but lots of things might cause that, time will tell.
Easylife

What number does the saxon pin give on the D1 with hf coil?
Oxgirl

What on earth are you doing? :shock: Seriously the D2 will have no issues with that pin. Did you do a frequency scan? Use General to start with. Don’t tweak anything and that pin will be an obvious signal. And buy the puck adaptor and stick in some earbuds or, if you like full cups and can’t wait for the official XP full cup headphones there are a number of after market ones you can attach the puck to starting from around £50.

I’ve been digging tiny lead bullets, tiny silver fragments at 6” down and small bits of bronze buckle pins at similar depth with loud, strong signals so it isn’t the machine that’s the problem :thumbsup:
If you are angry you are living in the past,
If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you’re content you are living in the present, and that’s when life all starts to make sense.

Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Charles Abbeyville

Oxgirl wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:32 am What on earth are you doing? :shock: Seriously the D2 will have no issues with that pin. Did you do a frequency scan? Use General to start with. Don’t tweak anything and that pin will be an obvious signal. And buy the puck adaptor and stick in some earbuds or, if you like full cups and can’t wait for the official XP full cup headphones there are a number of after market ones you can attach the puck to starting from around £50.

I’ve been digging tiny lead bullets, tiny silver fragments at 6” down and small bits of bronze buckle pins at similar depth with loud, strong signals so it isn’t the machine that’s the problem :thumbsup:
I absolutely understand your sentiments, that pin looks like any machine would pick it up, but the D2 doesn't. I know it's bizarre! Went through every prog, did a frequency scan, that was standard practice after my many years with a minelab. No programme will pick it up with or without any of the tweaks I tried and it makes me smile really to read this because I am imagining dropping it in front of your machine and seeing your reaction which would no doubt be like mine. I am currently a bit concerned I sold off my D1 but I still think all will be well in the end :cry:
I do think I got more signals on my old site, many were tiny bits of lead etc so that was good but this pin :pulling hair out: In the end I might send it to you to see for yourself.
The plot sickens!
Steve_JT

Not saying you haven’t, on the opening screen when choosing sound outlet you are choosing the correct one?

And also check if the volume is turned up on all of them, as you can zero tho ones you don’t use

Should be able to pick that pin up

Regards Steve
A foolish faith in authority, is the worst enemy of truth." Albert Einstein
mattjb

Reading various stuff on the net and looking at YouTube vids there seems to be mixed reviews on the D2 . On one of Sids latest ones he mentions he was happier with it before the last update. No doubt further updates will sort any issues I imagine.
I bought the D1 lite last summer so have no plans to upgrade or buy another machine yet but weighing it up I think I’d be more inclined to go for the legend if I wanted a multi frequency machine , being half the price of the D2 and keep the D1 . Then I’d have 2 machines if my daughter if my daughter fancied a go.
Easylife

I expect that anyone could do a similar test with a suitable piece of copper wire out of the scrap bucket? :Thinking:
Pete E

Charles Abbeyville wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:38 am I absolutely understand your sentiments, that pin looks like any machine would pick it up, but the D2 doesn't. I know it's bizarre! Went through every prog, did a frequency scan, that was standard practice after my many years with a minelab. No programme will pick it up with or without any of the tweaks I tried and it makes me smile really to read this because I am imagining dropping it in front of your machine and seeing your reaction which would no doubt be like mine. I am currently a bit concerned I sold off my D1 but I still think all will be well in the end :cry:
I do think I got more signals on my old site, many were tiny bits of lead etc so that was good but this pin :pulling hair out: In the end I might send it to you to see for yourself.
The plot sickens!
Maybe it's a pin off an early Saxon stealth chariot! 😀

Seriously though, how are you testing? Does your D2 fail to pick it up in a simple air test or have you buried and tried it that way?