Bucket List

Oxgirl

Metalurgy wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 7:18 pm I suffer the same mystery of Saxon artefacts but no coins,there’s one patch near a church which was the site of a Saxon church,surely one day......
Suffer? I’d be in heaven as I rarely get a whiff of Saxon :D
If you are angry you are living in the past,
If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you’re content you are living in the present, and that’s when life all starts to make sense.

Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
JohnDeus

A Saxon Gold coin would do me
Majorpete75

At the minute my hand digger left at permission 😂
Saffron

Majorpete75 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:19 am At the minute my hand digger left at permission 😂
Know what you mean.

Lost mine last week and had to go back the next evening, glad to say I found it (I must have been nearly stood on it when I could not see it the evening before :pulling hair out: :pulling hair out: )

Once as it was getting dark lost my pinpointer on "the last signal of the day". At that time had a Makro Racer which had a light on which lit up the area around the coil. Went over the area and could not see it. Then machine starts going mad as I go over the hole that I have just filled in. With it being nearly dark and a deep target I had only gone and kicked the pinpointer into the hole when I filled it in :oops: :oops:

So my nr 1 on the bucket list is "Every thing that I take out with me".
But lots of others, top of the list would be anything that has a real local history and can be researched.
After that the normal, saxon, viking, gold hoard.

Evan
Hordfindend

Saffron wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:55 am Know what you mean.

Lost mine last week and had to go back the next evening, glad to say I found it (I must have been nearly stood on it when I could not see it the evening before :pulling hair out: :pulling hair out: )

Once as it was getting dark lost my pinpointer on "the last signal of the day". At that time had a Makro Racer which had a light on which lit up the area around the coil. Went over the area and could not see it. Then machine starts going mad as I go over the hole that I have just filled in. With it being nearly dark and a deep target I had only gone and kicked the pinpointer into the hole when I filled it in :oops: :oops:

So my nr 1 on the bucket list is "Every thing that I take out with me".
But lots of others, top of the list would be anything that has a real local history and can be researched.
After that the normal, saxon, viking, gold hoard.

Evan
Oh gosh yes, I've irretrievably lost a pinpointer that way. Now it's on a bungee cord, and my keys and wallet are too
Pete E

Having lost a hand digger not too long ago, it's replacement and my pinpointer are both on curly cords...
Prasutagus

After the Holy Grail, Ark of the Covenant and Boudica's final resting place...

Saxon gold thrymsa.
Roman gold coin is high on the list too.
Littleboot

I have n't found a whole bucket but I have found a rather nice zoomorphic Roman bucket mount.

I am in the land of Les Frogs. So we don't get Saxon we get their close relations the Merovingians. I have found equal armed brooches and bits if wrist clasps etc but so far no coins. So:
1] Nice Tremissis would do very nicely as number one on the list. There is one around here some were I am convinced.
2) A gold Roman. Early one.
3) Limoges Mount in good nick.
4) Medieval Gold ring. Stone in situ.
5) Roman sealbox.
6) Some relics from the 100 years war camp which was around here somewhere. Bits of swords, etc. :lol:
"The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe, for the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was made of wood he was one of them."
Hordfindend

Pete E wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:20 am Having lost a hand digger not too long ago, it's replacement and my pinpointer are both on curly cords...
Curly cord is a very good investment
Littleboot

Hordfindend wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:32 pm Curly cord is a very good investment
You see how one thing leads to another? :lol: I detect and it is just the NOX, spade and finds pouch. No purse, no phone, no pinpointer, no keys, anything else. It doesn't necessarily mean I won't leave something behind (I have left my spade leaning against a fence several times) but it helps. If I tool as much as some people into the fields I'd leave something every week!
"The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe, for the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was made of wood he was one of them."
Littleboot

Littleboot wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:38 pm You see how one thing leads to another? :lol: I detect and it is just the NOX, spade and finds pouch. No purse, no phone, no pinpointer, no keys, anything else. It doesn't necessarily mean I won't leave something behind (I have left my spade leaning against a fence several times) but it helps. If I took as much as some people into the fields I'd leave/lose something every week!
Hordfindend

Littleboot wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:38 pm You see how one thing leads to another? :lol: I detect and it is just the NOX, spade and finds pouch. No purse, no phone, no pinpointer, no keys, anything else. It doesn't necessarily mean I won't leave something behind (I have left my spade leaning against a fence several times) but it helps. If I tool as much as some people into the fields I'd leave something every week!
You do see some people who look like they're being deployed to active military service.😑
Pete E

Hordfindend wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 2:52 pm You do see some people who look like they're being deployed to active military service.😑
I thought I was bad for that, but don't feel so bad now as I see people regularly carrying quite large rucksacks plus the usual finds pouch, hand diggers and pinpointer ect..I don't particularly like having to return to my vehicle for lunch so usually carry some sandwiches and a pint water bottle or small vacuum flask....I have say I do wonder what people find to carry those large rucksacks?
Hordfindend

Pete E wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 3:08 pm I thought I was bad for that, but don't feel so bad now as I see people regularly carrying quite large rucksacks plus the usual finds pouch, hand diggers and pinpointer ect..I don't particularly like having to return to my vehicle for lunch so usually carry some sandwiches and a pint water bottle or small vacuum flask....I have say I do wonder what people find to carry those large rucksacks?
I've got an old canvas rucksack, flask, sandwiches, power bank and spare pinpointer battery, and a tiny first aid kit. Oh and sunscreen.
Easylife

Pete E wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 3:08 pm I do wonder what people find to carry those large rucksacks?
Maybe they are sheep rustlers? :Thinking:
Good things come to those who wait.