Tumblers.

Easylife

I have been looking for a tumbler for a while but did not like the prices, nor the ones that look like toys. I've just ordered this one https://m.vevor.co.uk/jewelry-polisher- ... 0430965436 as it seemd a very reasonable buy. Also available in a larger version too.
The coins from the beach and camping field paid for it! :D
Good things come to those who wait.
HammeredDeus

Like you, I've not been impressed with the value for money offered by the common ones on sale. I'd been thinking of making my own, using a synchronous motor and some bits and pieces, but the one you've found looks well designed and very sensibly priced. I've ordered one, so will soon be able to see what it's like. The website was a bit hard to use, it seems to have been designed by someone who doesn't really understand the way UK postal addresses work, so I just hope it arrives!
Easylife

HammeredDeus wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:30 pm The website was a bit hard to use, it seems to have been designed by someone who doesn't really understand the way UK postal addresses work, so I just hope it arrives!
Yes that was a bit confusing. Chinese with UK stock I think, but no worries there at all. :thumbsup:
Does it really weigh 6kg? I hope so, nice and robust. :D
Mudripper

I once made one with an disused bread maker.........

MR
HammeredDeus

Mudripper wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:26 am I once made one with an disused bread maker.........

MR
I wonder if that's why my wife's home made bread tastes funny? :roll: :lol:
Oxgirl

I shall follow your purchases with interest gentlemen as I’m after a tumbler too. It looks amazing value and nice and strong but would love to know if the delivered item is any different :thumbsup:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Easylife

HammeredDeus wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:30 pm I just hope it arrives!
I got an odd email stating that my order would arrive kind of when I had expected it to, but in a rather strange way! :lol:
IMG_20220723_132504.jpg
I'm not concerned and expect that it will arrive in the not too distant future. :thumbsup:
stupot

Have the larger model for several years now. First one lasted four years before motor failed. Second one had two years all ok. They get battered! Toothed drive belt wears out and couldn't get spare so using thick rubber friendship bands. They go into hyperdrive after number 2. So fast if too much soap used the contents doesn't tumble properly.

Bought from UK address. Couldn't do without one!
Mudripper

In the mean time if you find as much as Fred:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303864039770 ... 11EALw_wcB

MR
fred

Easylife wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:31 pm I got an odd email stating that my order would arrive kind of when I had expected it to, but in a rather strange way! :lol:
IMG_20220723_132504.jpg

I'm not concerned and expect that it will arrive in the not too distant future. :thumbsup:

It's actually nice to get prompt communication. :thumbsup:

My British made tumbler is well over 30 years old and spares are readily available. It's still going strong although I've worn out several pots. I'll post a related picture soon that will make your eyes pop out. :D
HammeredDeus

Easylife wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:31 pm I got an odd email stating that my order would arrive kind of when I had expected it to, but in a rather strange way! :lol:
IMG_20220723_132504.jpg

I just had an email from Alice telling me there was some complex logistical problem and they were cancelling my order (boohoo :cry: ).

Reading through the Chinglish explanation, I think that you have piqued so much interest that the two on a shelf in the UK have been snapped up and they've had to re-order from "the mainland". Some future shipping container will contain a few more in due course, so I'll have to wait a few weeks. I'll be interested to hear more when yours arrives.
Hordfindend

Easylife wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:41 pm I have been looking for a tumbler for a while but did not like the prices, nor the ones that look like toys. I've just ordered this one https://m.vevor.co.uk/jewelry-polisher- ... 0430965436 as it seemd a very reasonable buy. Also available in a larger version too.
The coins from the beach and camping field paid for it! :D
Just as a bit of advice, if you've not used one before for artifacts and coins- you will need a barrel that has vanes in it to encourage the tumbling.

The internally smooth barrels work perfectly for gemstones (you need to fill it almost completely with the stones and water/grit mix). That emulates the motion of a river or beach.

But for artefacts, you won't be filling it anywhere near as full, so you need to induce movement, or they'll just sit at the bottom and nothing will happen.

They're great fun to use.
Easylife

Hordfindend wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:21 am Just as a bit of advice, if you've not used one before for artifacts and coins- you will need a barrel that has vanes in it to encourage the tumbling.
This one has a six sided barrel so I guess it would flip coins okay.
Hordfindend

Easylife wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:58 am This one has a six sided barrel so I guess it would flip coins okay.
If not, just glue some plastic angle channeling in the barrel.
Pete E

fred wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:11 am It's actually nice to get prompt communication. :thumbsup:

My British made tumbler is well over 30 years old and spares are readily available. It's still going strong although I've worn out several pots. I'll post a related picture soon that will make your eyes pop out. :D
What brand is it Fred?